Jul 17, 2010

July 16th 2010


Morning: (I still have to transcribe this mornings writings from paper, since my computer's batteries were dead, pretty funny dreams and stuff, well worth coming back to.)


Afternoon:

July 16th, 2010: Not much interesting really, did get a shower at the Sports Academy, did laundry

at Logan's best, cleanest, and most expensive Laundromat, costing 8 dollars to wash and dry two loads of clothes. But they should last two weeks. At the laundry I got to check my e-mail and charge my phone and computer batteries as well. My size 44 shorts now are falling down if I put my keys in my pocket for weight. I got to walk around all day pulling up my pants, or holding my belt loop in one hand while I walk. I am very happy about this! So I lost about 2 inches of waste matter, but my weight is the same. Swimming does build lots of heavy muscle so I hope that is the case here.

I then hung out and drank coffee at my son and room-mate's house, they really are a nice group of young men. They party a lot, but the kids are alright. Then I get a call from my bike mechanic, who tells me I can get my CB 900 custom's front brake pads installed today, so I went to the school (my bikes are all in my classroom this summer), fired up the old girl and drove to Mikes house, who installed the pads in about 30 minutes. Riding the 28 year old bike, which is much smoother and better put together than the much newer Concours. I plan to sell the newer bike as soon as I return from Dallas. Those old Hondas are well made bikes. I also want to add a sidecar to the bike so I can drive her during the winter time, since three wheeled bikes don't fall over. Got the bike fixed, put her back in my classroom, drove back to Logan's house to get my charged up computer, grabbed some groceries, and headed back to the campsite. Keeping busy during the "Shit Time" keeps one sane, when spending the past three days in the mountains. Now I'm typing this while listening to the optimistic "Sean Hannity", tell us how great the country is going. I do find him entertaining, and a bit less hateful than Rush (I get busted for drugs alot) Limbaugh. The sky is falling message does get old after a while. I am having hotdogs tonite, so I better start cookin.


Wound up playing the guitar and singing by the campfire, about 10:30 a carload of young women showed up yelling "Is this the party of so and so", I pointed the flashlight at my scary face and yelled "No party here! I'm just an old man! hahaha!" The girl shouted an apology, and I just laughed and shook my head. I guess they missed out on my one man party!


Fell asleep in the chair by the campfire. Woke up at 6 in the morning, all the fires and lanterns were out by then, it was morning. Since I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, my core temperature was quite low at this point so I put on a coat. Can't believe I can sleep soundly in a chair all night long, in the pitch dark, in lion country! Funny, I didn't drink much last night, I was just tired from the hotdogs I guess. My god I am cold inside, I drank a hot cup of coffee and boiled two more dogs, in order to raise my core temp. Then I went to the camper and slept another 5 hours. At 11 AM, I was doing fine and drove down to the valley below, and have been drinking coffee and writing my blog at Borders book store. Great place to wait out the "Shit Time", today should be nearly 100 degrees here, might have to go for a swim to celebrate.


I will resume todays writing with my next blog (July 17th) and be sure to recheck when I add

July 16th's morning blog. It should be quite funny, but it rambles a bit.


The picture was one I took of Soda Springs Geyser, that I took about 9 days ago.





No comments:

Post a Comment